Friedman's is considered one of Europe’s premiere fabric wholesalers and specialists in stretch fabrics.
Find out why...
We are proud to be based in the UK and believe this offers a range of benefits to our loyal base of customers. First, it means we are consistently able to provide the high quality of service we have become known for - and react quickly to our customers' needs.
In addition, with our team of specialist in-house designers based here in our HQ, we can bring stunning designs - whether they are our own exclusive designs or your unique designs - to life quickly and efficiently. We can help you realise your creative vision in no time at all.
We have developed a reputation for being a customer-centric company - service is at the heart of everything we do and as such our team prides themselves on their communication skills and the extent to which we keep in touch with, and listen to, our customers.
We are a forward-thinking, innovative company that is dedicated to investing in the latest design technology and personnel to help make the most of this cutting-edge tech.
We use specialist CAD/CAM software to design, repeat and colour match artwork. We also use sophisticated inkjet printers capable of printing anything from small samples to thousands of metres of fabric.
What’s more, our investment in digital printing allows you to materialise your ideas at incredible speed and quality, incurring a fraction of the set up costs associated with conventional contract printing.
Digital printing is printing without limits - no limit to the number of colours you can use, the complexity of design or the repeat or panel size.
Our team has a wealth of experience in the industry, and, as a result, our product knowledge and buying power is extremely strong. Not only does this mean our customers are able to benefit from our expertise, but it also means we can offer very competitive prices.
This is just some of what makes Friedman’s an industry-leading stretch fabric supplier.
Although traditionally popular for swimwear, dancewear, gymnastic wear and all other active sportswear disciplines, the versatility of stretch fabrics is now widely recognised.
As a result, it is used for many more purposes than before, including event interiors, fashion, pram accessories, toys, chroma keying... the list grows every day and the possibilities are endless.
The different categories of stretch fabric and services we offer includes:
● Prints - Our print library is extensive and growing. We have innovative digital printing facilities that ensure your design will not go out of stock and also reduces your minimum requirements
● Foiling - The foil aspect of our business allows us to produce stunning effects, metallic and hologram foils are used to match your specification with small minimums required. This ease of access sets our business apart, as we make to order.
● Plains - Friedman’s is the appointed distributor/wholesaler/agent for a world-renowned Italian company famous for its high quality stretch fabrics. We stock a number of its products in a vast range of colours ready for 24-hour delivery.
These qualities include shiny and matt finish Nylon Lycra, Crushed and Smooth Velvet. Included in our standard range are powernets, polyester/Lycra, sheer stretch fabrics and heavier weight stretch sport fabrics.
● Fabric design - Our own in-house graphic design team will work with you to create your own unique designs. Is there anything that you are looking for but can't find? Are there designs that you can't access anymore but would like to? If so, we can help. We also have our custom foil printing service to enhance your designs and take them to an unprecedented level.
● Technical fabrics - Supporting the ever-growing demand for higher performance, we are pleased to include in our range fabrics with properties that include:
● 100% regenerated polyester
● higher resistance to chlorine, sun lotions and oils
● sportswear fabrics that offer the perfect muscular compression, pilling and abrasion resistance.